Bydgoszcz offers a number of opportunities in a thriving housing market. The overall housing standard is commendable, making it relatively easy for you to find suitable accommodation. To assist you in this process, the Support Unit or your National Support Element can help you find housing that meets your needs.
- The Support Unit is streamlining the accommodation search process and to ensure that they understand your specific requirements, I encourage you to complete the Accommodation Questionnaire. The form will be provided to you in advance by JFTC. While the Support Department makes every effort to meet your needs, this is not always possible. If you have any questions about the questionnaire, please contact the Support Unit Process Office or the National Support Unit directly. If there is no suitable house or apartment on the list provided, a local real estate agent in Bydgoszcz can help you. A real estate agent in Bydgoszcz will be engaged to continue the search, which usually involves a fee of one month's rent to find a house in Bydgoszcz for rent.
- I recommend entering into annual agreements with landlords who are just starting to rent apartments to JFTC employees.
- Rental fees sometimes include the cost of utilities. In such cases, the rental agreement obliges the landlord to cover the cost of utilities, such as garbage collection, telephone and Internet connections, gas, electricity, etc. Always, you can negotiate with the landlord to exclude utilities from the rental fee, allowing you to make direct payments to service providers by yourself.
- Foreigners in Poland can purchase apartments without restrictions. However, the purchase of land or houses may involve more complex legal aspects. In such situations, I advise you to seek advice from a lawyer and a real estate agent in Bydgoszcz. You can find information on the criteria for the acquisition of real estate by foreigners in JFTC in a letter from the Polish Ministry of Internal Affairs.
- You can find comprehensive information about house rental services in Bydgoszcz, renting and relevant Polish regulations on the website or at the JFTC Staff Office.